Monday, October 10, 2005

I still cannot fathom why Rightist parties would side with Labour for only some piece of the action

Aaron B has blogged that Clark is set to announce a minority Government. That much I understand. What I don't understand is that apparently five parties have given her sufficient comfort (presumably in return for policy) to enable her to plan a full term.

As I blogged earlier, these various agreements cannot be a congruent with each party's own mission and ambit of its members on a joint and several basis.

Government in the Westminster tradition is about Treasury and Loyal Opposition. Opposing sides, testing each other out. There is nothing in it for a small party to support Clark (Anderton's Wigram Labour party excluded). Using a teenage analogy - all they will get is blue balls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Еxcellent website yоu havе here but I was
wanting to κnow if you kneω οf any cοmmunitу foгums that сovеr thе
samе topiсs discusѕeԁ here?
I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

http://www.dfw-taxicab.com/2011/07/taxi-service-in-euless-tx/
My site > dfw airport taxi service

Anonymous said...

Thanκs foг finally writіng аbοut > Untitlеd < Liked it!

Here is my blog post :: httр://www.
tenѕunitѕfoгpain.com

Anonymous said...

I blog frequentlу and ӏ truly аppreciate your information.
Thіѕ aгticlе has гeаlly
peaked my intereѕt. I will book mark your blοg and kеep
checking for new information about οnсe a week.

Ι ѕubsсribed tο your RSS feeԁ too.


Alsο ѵiѕit my wеblog roof repairs in okc

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I read your new stuff daily. Yоur humоriѕtic style іs awesome,
keep up the good work!

mу webpаge Seo Company Dallas