Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Herald Hounds Hypocritical Hound (poodle)

Good to see the MSM has taken up my challenge - well one National daily anyway.

Today's NZ Herald has covered, well, the hypocrisy of Winston Peters who associated blood-lines with Maoriness in a previous prepared speech.
Mr Peters made repeated references to blood quantum to defend his argument it was time for the Maori seats to go.

Spot the Hypocrite
*Winston Peters in 2006
He compared Dr Brash to other unnamed figures in history "who have similarly used blood purity as a political argument only to lead their people into an abyss of violence and destruction".


* Don Brash
Last month, on Judge Baragwanath: "He also continues to talk as if the Maori remain a distinct indigenous people ... it is also clear there are few, if any fully Maori people left in New Zealand."

* Winston Peters in 2000

"We must end a dual electoral system in which the only qualification to vote is based on race - in some cases as diluted as one part in 512."








3 comments:

Deane Jessep said...

Hi Too right, great to have you onboard, I sent you an invite and a personalised email last night but they bounced back... I am going to recreate the site soon under blogger standard so that more people can be involved... also being discussed is a name change so that we do not turn of people who are more center than straight right wing. If you email me your email address I will send you an invite to contribute to the new site... also make sure you get involved in the comment thread on naming the group something more neutral.

Spirit said...

See more information on Travel Clocks here.

Anonymous said...

I was looking out for Travel related information and I have found your this post. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn�t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.