Sunday, April 13, 2008

Labour Polling Called By

UMR called me today with a poll - "we're not selling anything just want your opinion on issues in New Zealand". The TeleGopher seemed surprised when I said they were selling something - information; just I was not the customer. She didn't get it.

I assume Labour was their client. Witness this push polling...

TG: On Tax Cuts
Would you prefer either:
1. a small tax cut of $10-$15 per week with no cuts to public services and no borrowing or 2. a larger tax cut which meant cuts to public services and borrowing to fund them.

Too Right: That is wrong. You cannot ask those questions that way. These are different issues - this is push polling. There is a large surplus. By definition handing that back won't cut services. This survey is wrong...TG now genuinely perplexed with her respondent.

I said the bigger the cut the better. And for the record government expenditure needs to be reined in.

I finished by suggesting TG gets her supervisor to call as their poll strategy was wrong and the script given to the Gophers was wrong. I'll wait the call with pleasure.

No comments: